Aesthetics (Art & Music)
The Star framework encapsulates Marymount Convent’s distinctive Arts programme that permeates the whole school community and systematically develops the aesthetic talents and abilities amongst the pupils and staff.
The 5 limbs of the framework depicts the thrust of the Arts programmes and underpinning the framework are the 8 school values as it is an excellent platform to build character and inculcate strong school values as the pupils work together honing their skills.
We are committed to creating a vibrant arts environment to nurture each pupil to wholeness and full potential.
Desired Outcomes of the Star Framework
Through the Arts the pupils will be able to :
1. Demonstrate love of and interest in the Arts;
- Pupils should be able to appreciate and be interested in at least one art form.
2. Possess basic skills and knowledge of a variety of art forms;
3. Be active creators;
- Pupils should have the desire and ability to experiment and create their own art works, for their own enjoyment or for the enjoyment of others.
4. Develop self-awareness and self-knowledge;
- Pupils should be growing their ability to reflect on their own values, perspective and context.
5. Develop empathy for others and appreciate diversity.
- Pupils should be growing in their ability to understand the feelings of others
- Pupils should be growing in their understanding and appreciation of the talents, abilities, opinions of others.
6.Develop greater self-confidence
- In their skills
- In their uniqueness of their perspective